Thursday, April 17, 2014

To-Do List


Join a book club: I love to read. I love getting lost in another world, pondering what will happen next, the jaw drop that happens when the plot twists, the sad that fills me as I reluctantly turn the final page of the final chapter. But I'm so damn tired at the end of any given night, it's hard to put on my cheaters and knock out a few chapters. I need a book club to hold me accountable. I will read the book. I will come prepared to discuss it. I will enjoy the chatter and sisterhood. Now...where do I find said literary gaggle of women? (I have a decent lead, but will happily listen to your suggestions.)

Plant a seed: I need to learn how planning ahead can reward me (and my loved ones). I will (very very soon) plant a seed that will grow into something that I will eat in a month or two or three. Year after year I say I would like to grow a garden but the idea is daunting and I don't do anything about it. By the end of next week, I will have researched what I can start now that will flourish before summer's end. One thing. I will grow and care for one kind of plant, I will do it well, and I will enjoy (and share) the fruits (or vegetables) of my labor.

Set a fitness goal: I have been flailing since November's marathon. Even while I was running said race, I was pressing myself to set my sites on another event. I didn't. And I haven't. While I have stayed in shape between EnduraCamps, trail running, and client workouts, I'm not committed to anything in particular. I'm not pushing myself to the uncomfortable. I'm not reaching new heights. I love new heights. Gimme two weeks. I'll lay down the cash for a race and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment