Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Asking Price

And just as quickly as the "yes" happened.........dead air.

Disappointed? Sure. Even remotely afraid to ask again? Hell no.

If I'm lucky, I'm somewhere near the middle of my lifetime. While I do my best to leave regrets at the side of the road, I occasionally find myself sad that I spent so many of the last 43 years idly watching the world pass me by. Luckily, I see this as a call to action rather than a reason to degrade myself. And I only have 43 or so years to make up for lost time.

So I'll remember the euphoria following yesterday's affirmation and take to heart the quiet that followed. I will ignore the voice who reminds me that I didn't really get what I wanted. Instead, I will politely request what I want. Again. And Again. And again.

Because you don't get 100% of what you don't ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment